SALEM COUNTY RURAL LEAGUE BASKETBALL
Summary of Common Rules & Policy
POSTPONEMENT of GAMES
- HOME team has right to postpone game due inclement weather. Please use the following protocol when postponing a game
1. Contact opposing coach to discuss the circumstances.
2. Contact Walt Sheets (ref. assignor) a minimum of two hours before starting time. Failure to contact Walt may result in payment of ½ game fees if the officials show at game site and NO game(s) played.
3. Contact Mitch Wygand or Mike Ausland (game scheduler) with a mutually agreed upon date/time to reschedule.
- VISITING team may postpone due extenuating circumstances (i.e. act of God, transportation problems).
- Games MAY NOT be postpone due to illness/injury of players/coaches or other non-school related events unless agreed upon by both teams.
- It is the responsibility of the head coach of each team to police their fans. The officials may assess a WARNING (first offense) then TECHNICAL FOULS (succeeding violations after warning) to the head coach for the misconduct or inappropriate behavior of his/her fans.
- In general most SCRL organizations charge admission to all SCRL contests. Suggested admission fees are as follows;
$2…adults $1…students/senior citizens
COMMON PLAYING RULES for ALL CONTESTS
- All games will be played under NFHS Basketball Rules
- FIVE timeouts per game…(3) Full & (2) 30-second
- Team with a 25 point lead or more MAY NOT extend their defense beyond the three-point arc.
- When a team reaches a 30-point lead a “RUNNING CLOCK” will be started. Once a “RUNNING CLOCK” is instituted it remains in play for the remainder of the game. “RUNNING CLOCK” only stops for timeouts, injured players, or any unusual situation that would delay the routine play of the game.
- JV games shall play 4 quarters, each quarter being 7 minutes in length.
- Overtime periods for JV games shall be 3 minutes.
- NO FULL COURT PRESS until the final two minutes of each half. Violation of this rule shall result in a WARNING then a TECHNICAL FOUL will be assessed to the head coach.
- Any player on a varsity roster is ineligible for JV play.
- Varsity games shall play 4 quarters, each quarter being 8 minutes in length.
- Overtime periods for varsity games shall be 4 minutes in length.
- JV players may “swing” and play in the varsity game (a waiver has to be granted by league membership). “Swing” players are limited to FIVE quarters per day.
PROTESTS, GRIEVANCES, and GAME REPORTS
- The HOME team is responsible to report all scores to Mitch Wygand ASAP.
- All GRIEVANCES or the PROTEST of a played contest must be made to Mitch Wygand (SCRL President). Please see the CONSTITUTION for time frame and procedures.
- All concerns in regards to the officials should be made to Ron Vogeding.